Saturday, November 17, 2007

Inaugural Post

I still have a hard time believing what my life consists of these days, and I'm absolutely loving the ridiculousness. I highly doubt that I will ever be in a position like this again, 'the dream job', which, for those of you that don't know, consists of living off severance for the next little while. Recognizing that, I'm making the most of every day, which has led to a perpetual state of partying. My liver hates me.

Africa prep is well underway. I'm slowly accumulating gear, and every few days pick up my travel book to hammer out, country by country, my route. At this point I expect to be on the road for 5 or 6 months starting in January, covering 30 countries (give or take). Without a doubt, I'm in for an amazing adventure that I'm extremely privileged to have as an opportunity. In an interesting new development, I may have a travel companion for at least part of the trip (in addition to Jake). More on this as things happen.

And now, off to the next party...

1 comment:

gump said...

whack the bush, son.