Wednesday, January 2, 2008

one week to go

The flight is booked for January 9th! The plan has drastically changed!

I realized a few weeks ago it wasn't realistic to do the entire continent in 6 months so I've scaled plans back to just the Southern part of Africa. In a crushing twist of fate, Lesley will not be able to come with me for an extended period of time... But she does have 3 weeks vacation so hopefully she can join me in Spain and Morocco.

The working plan is:
1) Fly into Madrid, Spain, bus it to Alicante to meet up with Jake
2) He and I cross the channel into Morocco and spend a couple weeks there.
3) I fly from Casablanca to Johannesburg
4) Spend the next 6 months in South Africa, Lesotho, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania, Mozambique and Swaziland, hopefully with a 2 month period of volunteering.

who knows if this plan will stick. fun times...

1 comment:

Gabrielle said...

Hey! Found your blog! :-) Ok, so I'm reading it from the beginning. I didn't realize you changed your plans! Bummer about the travel buddy thing. If I had a few bucks lying around I would have loved to join you.
Let me get back to reading your blog...